Anti-ageing regimen for 30s
As you hit 30 years, it is important to focus on anti-aging. The combination of Vitamin C and retinol is the hallmark of wrinkle-free skin. The key is to switch brands from time to time, especially when you see stagnation in results.
What is it? The anti-aging regime for 30-40 years of age
Who can use it? Oily to normal skin types for dealing with signs of ageing.
Sensitive skin: Yes, you can try if your skin is calm
Step 1 Face wash
The objective of washing is to clean the face without making it dry or oily. Based on your skin type, you can choose from the following:
Step 2 Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serum helps in skin repair, brightening and delays ageing. We recommend switching the agents for continued results. You can choose from this list of Best Vitamin C serums.
Here are few brand suggestions:
- Sesderma C-vit serum good choice for those whose skin is pigmentation prone.
- Cera Ve Vitamin C serum for dry skin and sensitive skin. Good choice during winters.
- The Ordinary ascorbic acid with arbutin is good for removing tan
- Roc Vitamin C serum can be used for skin repair and brightening, especially during summers when UV rays are harsher.
Step 3: Sunscreen
Put on lightweight sunscreen that does not occlude your pores. Repeat the second application 30 minutes before going out in the sun. You can apply make-up on top of sunscreen. Here are a few options:
- La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral One SPF 50+ for severe sun exposure, especially in sensitive skin types.
- Cera ve Mineral Sunscreen is a good choice for reliable and safe sun protection.
- Olay Regenerist SPF 30 Sunscreen has anti-aging ingredients like Niacinamide, green tea, Vitamin E, and Peptides.
Remove make-up with micellar water and wash your face. Put one of these retinol serums on the full face. Here are few suggestions:
- Roc retinol cream is a perfect choice for anti-aging, skin lightening, and exfoliating your skin.
- The Ordinary Retinol is good choice for beginners. You can start with 0.5% Retinol and step up concentration gradually.
- Murad retinol is expensive, but effective option for late 30’s especially if ageing sign are visible.
If your skin feels dry, top with a bland moisturizer only if your skin feels dry.
One or twice a week, scrub your face and put a sheet mask or face pack.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is face wash powder that chemically exfoliates your skin. You can use it twice a week as a scrub followed by face pack or mask sheet.
- Mamaearth Retinol Bamboo Sheet Mask is packed with a hydrating serum enriched with the goodness of Retinol and Bakuchi. The potent combination boosts collagen production. Thus giving your skin a gentle smooth finish.
Dry, Normal/Combination, Oily
Mildly Sensitive, Not Sensitive