Anti-aging regime for 50s
The anti-aging regime in the 50s focuses on skin texture, even skin tone, and fine lines. At 50’s your skin sags leading to the deepening of Nasolabial folds and marionette lines. In addition, age spots and deep wrinkles appear. Collagen, Elastin, and Hyaluronic acid might help to some extent besides Retinol and Vitamin C.
White retinol is a good anti-aging molecule but it might not suit the dry and thin skin of 50s. In such cases, peptides are a better option as discussed below. Secondly, peels that would suit in 40s might cause sensitivity after 50s, therefore cautious use is advised. Lastly taking a collagen supplement might help in gaining some volume.
What is it? Anti-aging regime above 50 years of age
Who can use it? All skin types
Sensitive skin: Yes, you can try if your skin is calm
Step 1 Face wash
The objective of washing is to clean the face without making it dry or oily. Based on your skin type, you can choose from the following:
Step 2 Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serum brightens your and delays aging. We recommend switching the agents for continued results. You can choose from this list of the Best Vitamin C serums.
Here are a few brand suggestions for age 40+:
- Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum promotes even skin tone and plumping effects. It is a potent blend of 15% L- Ascorbic acid, 0.5% Ferulic acid, 1%Vitamin E, nutrients, fruit enzymes, and antioxidants.
- The biolumin-C serum is a complete package with all the cosmeceuticals your skin needs: vitamin C, Peptides, Lactic acid, Hyaluronic acid, and Sodium PCA.
Step 3: Sunscreen
Put on lightweight sunscreen that does not occlude your pores. Repeat the second application 30 minutes before going out in the sun. You can apply make-up on top of sunscreen. Here are a few options:
- La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral One SPF 50+ for severe sun exposure, especially in sensitive skin types.
- Cera ve Mineral Sunscreen is a good choice for reliable and safe sun protection.
- Olay Regenerist SPF 30 Sunscreen has anti-aging ingredients like Niacinamide, green tea, Vitamin E, and Peptides.
Remove make-up with micellar water and wash your face.
If your skin is oily, thick, and non-sensitive, you can use the following Retinol based anti-aging products:
- Roc retinol cream is perfect for anti-aging, skin lightening, and exfoliating your skin.
- Murad retinol is an expensive but effective option if aging signs are visible.
- Avene RetrinAL 0.1 And 0.5 Intensive Retinaldehyde Cream has retinaldehyde as an anti-aging ingredient. It comes in 2 variants-0.5% and 1%. You can introduce it only after using retinol 1% so that your skin is used to retinol daily for a long time. If your skin feels dry, top it with a bland moisturizer only if your skin feels dry.
If your skin is getting dry, sensitive, and thin, then we advise the following peptide-based anti-aging products:
- Fillerina 12 HA cream has anti-aging, skin lightening, firming, skin repair, and hydrating benefits. It has the goodness of 12 types of Hyaluronic acid, Collagen, Elastin, Retinyl palmitate, 3 Peptides, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid.
The Ordinary Buffet is a water-based peptide serum with mixtures of peptides that boost the synthesis of collagen and elastin in the second layer of skin.
Once a week, scrub your face and put on a sheet mask or face pack.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a face wash powder that chemically exfoliates your skin. You can use it twice a week as a scrub, followed by a face pack or mask sheet.
- Mamaearth Retinol Bamboo Sheet Mask is packed with a hydrating serum enriched with the goodness of Retinol and Bakuchi. The potent combination boosts collagen production. Thus giving your skin a soft, smooth finish.
EAT MULTIVITAMIN DAILY
Supplements that provide vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, and anti-oxidant should be taken daily for three months, especially if your lifestyle is hectic and your diet is not balanced. Try incorporating lifestyle and diet in this article, Diet for good skin and hair.
Tab Perfectil Max is a perfect choice.
Skin is rich in collagen types 1 and 3. Collagen Supplements may improve skin hydration and elasticity. However, do not expect drastic changes based on this review. If you are vegan or vegetarian, then make sure you check the source of collagen. It is either bovine (from cows or buffalo) or marine (from fish). Here are a few options:
- Bovine collagen: Neocell Collagen Type 1 and 3: available in India and US
- Marine collagen: Vital protein Marine collagen available in the US and Nutrova Collagen supplements in India
Dry, Normal/Combination, Oily
Mildly Sensitive, Not Sensitive