Home made acne spot treatment
Are red or pus-filled pimples bothering you? Try this homemade acne spot treatment. Red or pus-filled acne usually responds within 3 days of applying this home remedy. However, this remedy will not help you to get rid of black/white heads, or nodular or cystic lesions.
What is it? Acne spot treatment
Who can use it? All skin types to be used as a spot treatment on red or pus-filled pimples.
Sensitive skin: Can try it as a spot treatment if the skin is calm
How to make: Check the description box
How to make it?
Mix the following ingredients in specified quantities in a completely dry and air-tight container:
- 2 spoons of raw organic honey
- half spoon of Multani Mitti
- fourth spoon of turmeric or Haldi powder
- half spoon neem powder
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- half spoon of lemon peel powder(optional)
Watch this video to know how to make this simple home remedy for pimples:
How to use it?
This remedy can be used as a spot treatment as follows:
- Apply this home remedy directly to your pimples after washing your face.
- You can leave this remedy for as less as 15 minutes to as long as 3 hours provided you do not get redness, itching, irritation or bumps. You can also try overnight treatment, especially for red or pus-filled big pimples on the back. After applying this remedy, cover with a micropore or a band-aid to avoid staining your clothes with turmeric.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with facial tissue. Do not use a towel because it might get stained with turmeric.
- You can use it daily, a maximum of twice a day.
- You can continue it safely until the pimples settle.
How to store?
This remedy can be stored for 1-3 weeks without the refrigerator, provided you keep it away from water.
What are the side effects?
- Turmeric can stain clothes, so avoid wiping your face with a towel, sleeping or changing your clothes while this mixture is on your face.
- Honey will feel sticky in the beginning, but later as the mixture dries your skin will feel stretched and sometimes uncomfortable.
- It can irritate sensitive skin. Hence, this anti-acne spot treatment is best suited for non-sensitive skin types because it has many potent ingredients like neem, and tea tree oil.
Which kind of acne respond to this home remedy?
Any red or pus-filled pimples respond nicely to this remedy. It does not work on black/whiteheads.
Dry, Normal/Combination, Oily
Acne & Blemishes
Mildly Sensitive, Not Sensitive