Red acne scars treatment
How to get rid of acne scars overnight? Unfortunately, there is no quick overnight fix for red acne scars. The regime listed here might take one month to show visible results.
What is this? Red acne scar treatment regime
Who can use it? Oily to normal skin type with red scars
Sensitive skin: You can try
Step 1: Facewash
Removing excess oils, dust, dirt, and pollutants from your face is essential. However, your face should not feel dry and stretched after face wash. You can wash your face a maximum of three times a day. You can choose from the following list based on your skin type:
Here are a few brand suggestions:
- SebaMed Clear Face Cleansing Foam for combination skin prone to sensitivity breakouts
- Bioderma Sebium Cleansing Gel for oily skin type prone to sensitivity breakouts
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser for non-sensitive oily skin
- Mama-earth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash for red pimples.
- Cera Ve Renewing SA Cleanser is a good choice for very oily skin.
- Homemade face wash for oily skin is worth a try for organic lovers.
After face wash, apply Sebamed face clear gel if your skin feels dry.
Step 2: Morning treatment product
Apply The Ordinary Niacinamide serum on the entire face. It helps in reducing red scars because of its anti-inflammatory action. Niacinamide also prevents new acne and brown spots. Put Differin acne scar gel as a spot treatment on red scars to expedite the process.
Step 3: Sunscreen
Thick sunscreen can increase acne. Therefore, use a lightweight sunscreen in gel or fluid form. Re-apply it 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun. Avoid using sunscreen indoors to avoid unnecessary clogging of pores. Here is a lightweight sunscreen that is less likely to occlude your pores:
In addition, avoid heavy makeup or layering of products. You can put lightweight makeup on top of the sunscreen.
Next apply retinol serums to reduce oil secretion, open pores, and acne while delaying the signs of aging.
- CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Serum has ceramide that recovers the skin barrier, and Niacinamide reduces inflammation.
- Olay Regenerist Retinol 24-Night Serum also has Niacinamide.
After retinol, Put Differin acne scar gel as a spot treatment on red scars to expedite the process.
If your skin feels dry and stretched after morning or night treatment products apply
Avoid harsh scrubs or peels. You can put on Mamaearth Niacinamide Bamboo Sheet Mask twice a week to soothe your skin and promote the healing of red scars.
Dry, Normal/Combination, Oily
Acne & Blemishes
Mildly Sensitive, Not Sensitive