Homemade Face Wash for Combinatin skin
Can homemade face wash balance the varied oil secretions of combination skin? Yes, it can!
Our homemade face wash for combination skin has chickpea flour and oats that both hydrate and remove extra oils from your skin. Turmeric and lemon peel powder provide rejuvenating, skin-lightening, exfoliating and anti-acne benefits.
What is it? Homemade Face Wash for Combination or Normal Skin
Who can use it? Combination or normal skin types with any skin concern
Sensitive skin: You can use it by omitting lemon peel, neem, and tea tree oil
How to make it? This face wash takes less than 5 minutes to make and can be stored for 1-3 months without refrigeration.
Where to buy ingredients? Most ingredients are readily available online.
How to make ?
Mix the following ingredients in a completely dry airtight container:
- 10 tablespoons of grounded oats: Available easily.
- 10 tablespoons of Gram flour or Besan: Available at Amazon.in or Amazon.com
- 1/2 tablespoon of Turmeric powder: available at Amazon.in or Amazon.com
- 1/2 tablespoon of Lemon peel powder (omit in sensitive skin) Amazon.in or Amazon.com
For acne-prone skin only, you can put following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of Neem powder: Available at Amazon.in or Amazon.com
- 5-10 drops to tea tree oil: Available at Amazon.in or Amazon.com
Watch this video to learn how to make:
Why these ingredients?
- Oats and chickpea flour gently exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and debris.
- Turmeric and lemon peel powder impart skin-lightening, anti-septic and anti-aging action to this face pack.
- For acne-prone skin, you can add neem to control pimples.
How to use it?
- Wash your face with plain water.
- Take a small amount of the above mixture on your palm.
- Put some drops of water and make a paste on your palm.
- Massage this paste on your face gently in circular motions.
- Spend more time on your T-Zone.
- If possible, leave it for a minute or two on your face. The good idea is to start your shower by applying this paste and end by rinsing it.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry with soft tissue, if you have added turmeric to prevent staining of the towels.
How to store?
The only precaution you need to take is to keep this face wash dry. If water gets into this face wash, bacteria and moles will grow in it.
If you are making a bigger batch, then shift a small amount in another dry container for daily use. Store the big batch it in an airtight container away from water. After using this face wash, close the lid properly. Put it away from the tap. I also wasted a couple of batches in the beginning until I got more disciplined on keeping this face wash away from water.
This little effort of making and storing this face wash will pay off in the long run with beautiful skin, without risk of harming yourself and the mother earth.
Can this face wash remove make-up?
No, this face wash is not strong enough to remove the make-up. You should remove your makeup with cleansing milk and then wash your face with this homemade face wash.
Acne & Blemishes, Ageing/Wrinkles, Pigmentation & Dark Spots, Pores/Blackheads/Whiteheads
Mildly Sensitive, Not Sensitive